Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, August 13, 2010

catch a wave and you're sittin' on top of the world

Thanks to Water Country USA, I've got some Beach Boys songs stuck in my head these days.  But perhaps I should have titled this post Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity-Dog at the suggestion of my friend Beth, because I'm ready to do the Hot Dog Dance around here.  "Why," do you ask?  Because I finally finished my 2009 Disney scrapbook!  It's a project I started three times (yes, I have a folder on the computer named Disney 09 Pages with the subfolders "Pages," "Pages Take 2" and "Pages Take 3").  I finally landed on a style I can live with that was fairly streamlined and straightforward, and I plowed through and got it done.  All 80 or so pages of it.  Three weeks before our next trip.  And then it will be time to start all over again.  But in the meantime, I thought I would try to catch up on catching up on the old blog.  I may jump around a bit, but I'll start with the most recent stuff. 

Last weekend we took a quick overnight trip to Williamsburg to go to Busch Gardens and Water Country.  We have these passes and don't use them nearly as often as we should!  We had a great time at Water Country this year - 2 capable swimmers and a water-loving 3 year old made for a very different experience than we have known before.  All 5 of us rode just about every ride together - even the 700-ft. slides!  Rella was pretty much up for anything, Fancy is a born thrill-seeker, and thanks to his new-found bravery at Busch the day before (stay tuned for another post), Hi-Hat barely thougth twice about the big water slides.  We had so much fun that we're thinking of skipping Sea World in Orlando and spending the day at Sea World's Aquatica water park instead.  The light at the end of the preschooler tunnel is SO bright!  I'm basking in it. :)  Here's my layout for our day at WC.  My little camera battery konked out halfway through the day, but considering that I wasn't even planning to bring the camera, I'm pretty happy with the results.
WCUSA_left
WCUSA_right

No comments: