Wanted to pass along the conversation that just transpired in my house.

Little Rella wanted to play "moonin' sandin'" (Moon Sand). She asked if she could play with it on the deck. I looked out there and saw that the deck was still wet from the overnight rainstorm (lots of thunder and lightning, and we think there was a power surge that caused the main fire alarms to go off for a few frightful, panic-inducing minutes, causing me to resort to sleeping in the basement where there is a separate alarm system that doesn't tend to go off when you look cross-eyed at it. I'm pretty sure there is some clinical diagnosis for my reaction to our hateful fire alarms. Remember that). I told her no, it was too wet outside and we'd have to play at the kitchen table. She took off running into the living room, looking back over her shoulder saying, "Come on!" So I followed her to the window and she proceeded to tell me that when she first woke up this morning she looked out the window at her playground and saw that "it was raining . . . or the hose was left on." I told her everything was wet from the rain and then I described the big storm with all the flashing lightning and booming thunder. "It sounded like God was playing Hi-Hat's bass drum." She then asked, "Does God live in the sky?" Brief explanation for a 3-year-old on how God is everywhere with us, and how we can have Jesus live in our hearts." She got a very serious look on her face and said, "Yeah, He has to live in our hearts se-cause we don't have room for him in our house." Hmmm...I was about to address this, and then she piped up again, "Maybe He can sleep in your bed." I gave her a funny look and she said, "Yeah, there's room there now because you sleep in the basement. Se-cause of the beeps."
4 comments:
She's just so adorable.
So precious. I love it.
she is SO CUTE! i love how her little mind works. :)
Post a Comment