Ring my bell - chime in!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Birthday

kellen's 7th birthday 262

Around here, the day marking the end of the year marks the beginning of a new year for our firstborn. Hard to believe 7 years have passed since he first brightened our lives! We're so proud of the little boy he has become - a sweet and sensitive big brother, a tenderheart, an avid reader, a budding writer, a funny joke-teller, a gifted drummer, a follower of Christ. I could not have asked for a sweeter son.
Kellen_7thbday_01
We celebrated Hi-Hat's 7th birthday with a family pizza party at Sal's in Williamsburg.
Kellen_7thbday_03
Kellen_7thbday_02
I opted for trick candles at the grocery store, thinking he would get a laugh out of them. They behaved as expected, with candles relighting with every attempt to blow them out. But they got REALLY smoky, and Hi-Hat was starting to get concerned. I was afraid the smoke detectors would go off. And then we realized that the staff were getting a bit concerned - as they should have been! Turns out Sal's new temporary location was due to their previous location burning to the ground! Had I known, I would have brought a single battery-operated Christmas candle. :)

His birthday wish was to spend the afternoon playing at Kidsburg, and despite the chilly wet weather, we had a fun afternoon at the playground (and contrary what the pictures show, Kidsburg IS a playground, not a tire yard!).
Kellens_bday_kidsburg_01
Kellens_bday_kidsburg_02

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can't believe he's already 7! I love the pictures. I knew about Sal's, but I had forgotten that they were reopening in a temporary location. I bet it was still just as good! :)