Ring my bell - chime in!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

BFF

I'll be cooking dinner, and Rella will walk by me and say out of the blue, "[insert adorable 2 year old brunette's name here] is my best friend."  Or I'll be changing Rella's clothes and she'll say, "[Adorable Brunette] is my best friend."  Or I'll be reading stories on the new racecar bed and she'll say, "[Adorable Brunette] is my best friend."  I believe Rella thinks about her all the time.  And speaking of racecar beds, if you don't follow my status updates on facebook, this is what Rella said to me about her BFF and the racecar bed last night: "When you are sleeping, I open my door and drive outside and get my best friend [Adorable Brunette] and we go driving and then we come back. Then we get our jammies on and we see you in the morning." The teenage shenanigans are being formulated a bit too early...

But back to the original post.  Today Rella got to play with her BFF at the kids museum (and the big kids got to play with their buddies, too).  Made her day, until BFF had to go home to take a nap and Rella had to stay and keep playing.  Pitiful cries of "I'll never see [Adorable Brunette] again!"  Oh, the drama.  Even a trip to the Cupcake Shoppe did not cure her woes.  At least the cupcakes were good! 

Here's my layout of the kids at the museum today:
Marbles Jan 23
Here's a closeup of the two buckos:
Marbles Jan2010 009_small
and some fun building with recycled materials:
Marbles Jan2010 021_small
and painting their own faces (beware: if you go and do this, the pink face paint stains the skin.  So far it's not washing off!):
Marbles Jan2010 030_small
and building a fully enclosed fort with giant Legos and being annoyed that Mom wants to intrude and take pictures:
Marbles Jan2010 020_small
And now to figure out why Hi-Hat is down here in the living room at 11:30pm complaining that his ankle hurts after a couple of hours reading in bed (and watching Geof try to make him feel better by making Hi-Hat give him a piggy back ride up the stairs - laughter is the best medicine!).

No comments: