Ring my bell - chime in!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Kid Stuff

First, let me announce that I have cleaned out three drawers.  Our home now has a drill drawer.  None of the three clean drawers are my bathroom drawer mentioned in the previous post.  Right now I'm just considering that a time capsule.  Because that's not clutter.  That's cool and creative!

A few kid updates.  First, the girls around here are trying to grow up!  Rella requested a new big girl bed.   When we moved Fancy to her big girl bed when she was also about 2 1/2, she ended up with a Vera Bradley upholstered queen sized bed, which is one of the nicest pieces of furniture we have.  It's lovely.  Just lovely.  So I was envisioning a difficult search for something comparable for Rella (VB furniture is no longer available and was never very affordable!).  Seems Rella had her own idea (shocker!).  "I want a red Lightning McQueen bed!!!" That sounds just like Rella, doesn't it?  I think it's perfect.




4 good nights with no fussing about going to bed, or waking and wandering the house at night! (and really, she's still a baby, isn't she.  Look at that sweet face...)

Fancy had big news this week, too.  She lost her first tooth!  She went to bed at 8 on Monday night and wiggled it for 2 hours before finally managing to pop it out.  She was so pleased!  She got to add her name to the tooth chart at school, which is apparently a VERY big deal. :)




All set to leave under her pillow. A conversation overheard between her and Hi-Hat at the museum today: "I know this won't happen, but if you lose all your teeth at the same time, do you just get one dollar, or do you get all the dollars?"  I might need to sneak up there and make sure she's not attacking her chops with a pair of pliers... She's saving up for a life-sized stuffed lion and needs "all the dollars."

Today at the "Rockeum" (what the kids all call the Life and Sciences Museum now.  Rella's baby way of saying Rocket Museum that has stuck), Hi-Hat went to town on the outdoor hanging drums. 
I just hung back and watched, and was secretly tickled to watch as a people gathered around to listen and ask him about his drumming. I think he was a little tickled, too, that people wanted to listen. He was trying to play it cool and was definitely not showing off, but he had this little smile on his face that, as his mom, I could completely read as "tickled." His first "public concert." :)


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Let me know if A ever wants a life-size (A-size) giraffe. I know where one can be found!