Ring my bell - chime in!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Keeping House

OK, so this is so typical of my housekeeping (ahem - can you even call it that?). I came home from a morning out with the kids, went upstairs to put EB down for her nap and came across a half eaten banana smooshed into the carpet on the stairs, brown bruised peel and all. I'm blaming that on both me and EB - EB for the smooshing, me for letting her wander around eating a banana. I grabbed the carpet spray and soaked the spots, dropped EB in bed, and found a nice new yellow sponge in the cabinet. I'm scrubbing, I'm scrubbing, and I'm seeing nice bright yellow spots appear on the stairs. Cheap bleeding sponges... So typical. I grabbed my next favorite cleaning tool - an old cloth diaper - and started in on the new spots with that. Not working. Then kindergarden homework and wrapping a birthday present distracted me, and the yellow spots are still there. At least the banana is up, but now I have nice yellow spots to mark the poor banana's demise. The carpet guy is coming Monday to do the basement. How badly do I want him to do the upstairs, too? And the picture has nothing to do with the post. Just thought it was funny. I still think K should get a mohawk, but maybe I'll start working on convincing A? (kidding)

3 comments:

Janet said...

That picture is hilarious, Laura!

anthonyandbeth said...

picture is hilarious. the banana story makes me feel not so alone in my housekeeping... :)

Ashley said...

Looks like A froze her hair into icicles!!