Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Funny Things About Miss EB

I remember very little about Ad at this age, except that we had just moved here, she had lots of ear infections, she cried constantly, had to be carried everywhere, loved lollipops, and was enrolled in preschool as soon as the application became available! So, I just wanted to record a few things I want to remember about EB (that I'm sure I will tell Ad she did, too, when she's older and asking...).

1. When I change her diaper, no matter what the content, as soon as I take it off she says "ewwww."
2. If her high chair tray is not perfectly clean she shakes her head back and forth and says "yuck - yuck"
3. She now insists on wearing socks with shoes and takes it upon herself to get socks out of her cabinet. She always brings me 2 pairs because she has 2 feet!
4. She finally loves to look at books - Elmo books are her favorite, and she can say "Emo," "Zoe," "Co-Co" (Grover), and "buh-buh" (Big Bird). She's also into literature about cows and ducks.
5. She likes to wear her bee costume. She brings it to me nodding her head yes and saying "bee? bee?" (she always nods her head yes when she's asking for something, just in case I don't know what the answer should be).
6. She likes to shampoo her own hair and dump the bucket of water over her own head. Works for me!
7. She's into accessories. She is currently wearing a Dora baseball cap and a bumble bee antenna headband, and she usually wants a necklace or two.
8. She loves ground meat - chili, meatballs, meat sauce, etc. And it seems the spicier the better! She will eat no other meat except the occasional nugget.
9. She loves her baby doll. She carries her everywhere, brings me diapers to change her, rocks her, and feeds her a bottle. She named her baby Bob.
10. She is still stuck on Mommy and screams when I leave her sight.
11. She likes to color with markers - sometimes on paper, most times on the hardwood floor. Her mom has not yet learned to keep the markers off the kids' drawing table and in a high cabinet.
12. She prefers all her beverages to come from a prepackaged bag with attached straw.
13. She still can't drink from a sippy cup.
14. You can stop her in her tracks by saying "shake it, EB, shake it." She immediately starts dancing.
15. She loves to drum. I often find her in there sitting on the drum throne going to town on the drum set. She is also learning to beat box! Too funny. K beat boxes when he's making up new rhythms, and she is such a copycat. So many times I've seen them sitting on the steps together beatboxing. K gets a kick out of it.
16. She just brought me a juice bag, nodding her head yes, confirming points 5 and 12.
*added a few days later
17. She started saying thank you on her own this week! She uses it all the time.
18. She is stringing two words together at a time.
19. She threw her first fall-down-on-the-floor-face-first-kicking-and-screaming tantrum at Marbles today. She also shoved a little boy who dared to move in on her steering wheel...
20. She likes to hold her finger over the fish bowl to make the beta fish jump.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

She is just so precious. That was smart to record these little stories and milestones now. I know she'll really appreciate reading about it when she's older. :)

anthonyandbeth said...

i love posts like these! there is a lot i don't remember with the boys and i think the blogging helps me and i think me being more sentimental this time around helps me notice little things like that! she is cutie!!!