Ring my bell - chime in!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
"Trick or Treat...
That is the song I heard ALL DAY LONG! Kellen and Addie (especially Addie) could not wait for evening so they could go trick-or-treating with their friends in our neighborhood. We have a great street for trick-or-treating - lots of friendly families with young children, sidewalks and streetlights. So at 5:30 K, A & E got on their costumes and we headed outside with an electric guitar, Dora the Explorer, and a little jack-o-lantern.
They had fun going up and down the block, but I think Addie had the most fun hanging out on our front porch and passing out candy. When she saw someone coming she would carefully pick out 2 pieces of candy that she thought they would like and she would hold it behind her back and tell them they could not have our candy until they said trick or treat. :) She was quite serious about the whole affair. She was even worried about giving small kids candies that might be too hard for their teeth, so she only gave them lollipops. All night she kept asking me if I thought "the people" liked our candy. :)
Kellen had had enough after a few houses and he just wanted to run around the yard with Uncle Steve. They invented a game that involved throwing candy as high in the air as they could. I don't think Kellen ate very much candy, but all that playing was treat enough for him. Ellary went to bed around 6:45, as usual, but she was cute for the few minutes she was outside with us! It was a fun evening, but I have to say that I will NEVER let my teenage kids go trick or treating at 8:30 without costumes and collecting candy in their backpacks!!! Preschoolers and teenagers ... different worlds. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
we had a great time too! isn't it great to have good neighbors! hilarious about the candy police! love the pumpkins! anthony was so proud of his as he passed out candy! :)
Post a Comment