Ring my bell - chime in!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Updated Space

I'm so excited! Big changes around here - for our little living room, that is.  We are finally getting around to updating our little front living room which has evolved from a study to a toddler playroom to a sitting room comprised of a mishmash of leftover early marriage furniture, townhouse drapes, and horrid yellow paint.  I like sitting in the quiet of the room, but I dislike the actual room.

Yesterday we set to work updating the space.  I spent a few hours yesterday giving the room a fresh new coat of paint and I adore it!  Can't wait to share the finished product, but it will take a few weeks to get everything put together.  For now, here's the direction we are headed in.

I'm going for a very soft, sophisticated, monochromatic look, accented with corals and pale watery blues. We found the coffee table last night - Pottery Barn floor sample. Woot-woot!  I spray painted my wicker floor vase a nice shade or coral.  I may be hanging drapes later today.  Geof ordered the slipcovered seaside-inspired sofa last night, and this afternoon I may go on the hunt for large floor rugs.  And let's not forget the centerpiece of the room - the inspiration for the space (and a photoshoot that Geof is probably now regretting given that it turns out the session fee did not include the cost of redecorating an entire room):
I'll post more when the room is all done.

No comments: