Ring my bell - chime in!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

And this little piggie went...

We've had a guinea pig visitor in our home this week, and Fancy has been in heaven!  Mario is living in her room, enjoying Fancy's special brand of pampering that involves generous helpings of celery, carrots, oranges and timothy grass, copious amounts of clean water, and plenty of cuddle time after school.  I was a little skittish on day one, with me having to coax a wiggly rodent out of his cage with the mindset of a person who may have watched one too many episodes of Swamp People, and may have been mistaking guinea pig behavior with that of angry hooked 12-foot Louisiana alligator behavior.  After a little pep talk from Mario's mom that, in fact, guinea pigs are not viscous swamp dwelling reptiles, I regained my courage and was able to get him out of his cage for Fancy to cuddle.  Of course, by day 2, Fancy had figured it all out herself and did not even want me to do it.  All in all, I will say that a guinea pig seems to be a pretty easy little pet to have around, and a week into it, I'm thinking there's not much cuter than a guinea pig systematically munching its way through an orange wedge.  I may have spent some time sitting with him today when the kids weren't around.

Because I never had a pet as a kid.


No comments: