I am soliciting input, dear reader, on what color to paint my little front living room. I have all these lovely canvases sitting around waiting to find their permanent homes on my wall, but first I need to paint. And before that, I need to settle on a color. Here's the gist of what I'm doing on the walls:

Currently the walls are a hateful shade of lemony yellow. It was horrible the day I opened the paint can, and it is still horrible today. I'm excited for a change. At first, I was thinking of a nice, soft neutral for the entire room, offset with white beachy furniture with some coral and watery blue accents here and there. But now I'm wondering if the pictures won't pop enough off a neutral colored background since there's a lot of neutral color in these photos. I'm not averse to painting the gallery wall a nice bright color, but I don't want to overpower the photos. Hmmm - what to do? I've tried coral and dark brown, but I'm not sold on either of those. My dining room is already a nice deep "newberry port blue" (aka Ethan Allen's version of navy), so I don't want to go with a blue and have all that blue going on when I first come in the house.
If you have thoughts on colors that you think might work well, please leave a comment and I'll give it a try (using my photoshop paintbrush). I'll even do a follow up post showing the results your suggestions and maybe take a vote or something. Or I might just paint the room and forget to tell you about it, knowing me!
So bring on your thoughts!
xoxo
3 comments:
What about a green...itnwould make some of the greenery pop in the photos. Something light and would stil give you that relaxing airy feel. Or s little bit darker neutral??? My wallsmare a pretty light neutral so you are welcome to test a couple up against isnyou like :-). Maybe you would be surprised...
Haven't mastered typing on the iPad as you can see...
Laura, you're welcome to haul some over here... We have walls of light, spa-ish green, deep taupe, blue, burgundy, light taupe, and yellow. As I read this, I realize we've painted a lot! :-)
Post a Comment