Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Dance Recital 2011: Butterflies

Fancy's ballet I class danced as "bread and butterflies."  She wasn't crazy about having to wear wings, but I think they all looked adorable.  Fancy enjoyed the rigor of her first technical ballet class, and after the first few weeks she decided she really liked it.  She's going to stick with ballet for next year, hoping to one day get to wear a fancy tutu and dance on her toes. :)

For this performance, I was a backstage mom, so I spent the whole show helping keep the butterflies entertained and somewhat un-mussed before going on stage.  I did have to ask girls to stop dragging each other across the band room floor so their tights wouldn't turn black, and after umpteen bathroom breaks, I was a pro at taking wings on and off.  I also got good at feeding girls animal crackers without smearing their lipstick.

 How Fancy spent a lot of her time backstage
 Hallway full of butterflies, heading for the stage
She was getting rather excited!
Waiting for the curtains to open on her scene
 I believe she was marking her dance before the curtain opened
Beautiful butterflies, all in a row 
 Not a hair out of place
 My view from the wings

No comments: