I was getting ready for the day in my room, and I hear Fancy in the hallway talking to someone: "...and my room is right there, and we have a bathroom downstairs..." When I asked her who she was talking to, she pointed to a tiny little bug on the floor at her feet. I guess she was giving him the grand tour. I was not interested in having him make himself at home, so he was quickly and safely delivered to the newly planted flower bed.
I needed to get gas in the van before taking the kids to school. I pulled in next to the pump, and as I got out I mistakenly said, "time to put coffee in the tank."
When we returned home from the morning carpool, I could hear the dog scratching at the door as I was unlocking it. As soon as the door opened this shiny green flash whizzed past me. Poor Alex had gotten into a fight with Rella's green mylar St. Patrick's Day balloon (given to her free at the grocery store on March 18) and Alex lost. It was wound tightly around his back paw and he was fa-reaking out! Poor thing kept jumping and spinning and getting whacked in the face with the balloon, and I could hardly help him with the balloon constantly in my way and him constantly biting at the string. First a balloon takes down our ceiling fan, and now the dog. Two good reasons to scoul when the grocery store sends balloons home with my kids. And can I just ask who on earth pays $4.99 for a St. Patrick's Day balloon?

Ring my bell - chime in!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Morning Funnies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
macy is also TERRIFIED of balloons!
i would have loved to be a bug on the floor or a fly on the wall watching you deal with the balloon incident. we nearly had a balloon take down our ceiling fan in the living room. the alignment is off. i can't stand that it's crooked and probably no one notices but i'm sure you will the next time you're over. since i brought it up and all. :)
Post a Comment