Ring my bell - chime in!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Really Glad...

...that the kids have school tomorrow, because for an unsupervised craft project today, Fancy coated our bananas (unpeeled) in marshmallow fluff (you know, the spreadable, ultra-sticky substance that is the fluffer in a fluffer-nutter sandwich).  Then she covered them in chex mix.  The book-end children ate off all the chex mix, and now I'm left with perfectly good bananas that I won't throw out, but that are an unbelievable sticky mess.  I should stick (ha!) one in her lunch tomorrow, but I guess that would punish the teacher more than the kid. :) 

Yesterday, Rella (she's the 2 year old in case you've forgotten our cast of characters) was standing at the top landing of our stairs.  We have three steps, a landing that turns, and then the remaining 13 or so.  So she was standing at the top of the 3-step portion.  She did not see that I was standing at the base of the stairs, watching to see what she would do.  When she started rocking her knees (kind of 5th grade standing broad jump style), I knew what she was up to.  I then hear her whispering as she swings her fists front and back: "I can do it. come on.  let's go.  I can do it.  Let's GOOOOOO!" And then she jumped off, over the 3 steps and tumbled onto the landing.  When I called her name in a stern voice (though really laughing inside), she just about jumped high enough to clear the 3 steps again and she knew she had been caught.  Wonder how many times she's done that that I haven't caught her?  She was overheard today telling her daddy that she liked his blue cast.  Maybe she's trying to get one of her own.

Today, Rella was fussing fussing fussing about wanting a tube of chapstick on our way out the door to Fancy's ballet class this afternoon.  Just about at the point of falling on the floor whining.  We were running just-on-time, so I didn't have a minute to spare to 1) correct her behavior or 2) go find her beloved pink chapstick.  So I just reached into my purse and gave her a tube of mine.  Her response?  "CHA-CHING!"  And out she went to get into the van.  That kid and her hilarious mouth ...

Finally, for those of you keeping track, Timmy Thomas is still alive and finning, and he's even gained enough strength to hang out at the top of the bowl now and then.  He's been able to eat every day, and even though he is still scraggly looking and a little slow to respond to visitors to the bowl, he continues to make me happy.

1 comment:

The Lord Family said...

You make me laugh. And you know what a fluffer-nutter is. You're awesome.