Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Meltdown

While the rest of the east coast is thawing from all the snow this weekend, we're having our own meltdowns over here.  Two kids are in timeout as a result of the car ride home.  When I asked kid #1 a question about lunch today, he screamed at me that he didn't buy lunch.  He earned his ticket to timeout.  Then kid #2 had an absolute fall on the floor screaming fit during the 12 seconds we were in Target picking up some photos I had uploaded from home.  Several concerned shoppers looking our way, me just trying to complete the transaction and get out of there.  I turned around and asked her sweetly, "well what's wrong sweetie?" ('cause I'm always a cool, under control kind of mom when the whole store is staring at me and my darling charges)  Turns out the embarrassing fit - that required a 15 minute wait in the parking lot before she would settle so I could drive home - was over the fact that her green stretch pants don't have pockets.  Another ticket earned...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That does not inspire "it will get better" vibes that I so desperately need right now. ;)

anthonyandbeth said...

well, i can offer no "good" feeling comments over here but it sure does make ME feel better to know it's not just MY kids! :)

Tracey said...

So, I actually met the famous photographer friend and Bea Hive blogger...and I didn't even know it???

Very nice to finally meet you. I'm sure we'll run into each other again with our stack of coupons.

I'm sorry you've had tantrums(x2) ..that business does eventually stop..well, maybe doesn't stop, just looks different as they get older. Hang in there.

p.s. When I told my daughter about our meeting, I said, "boy, I sure am glad I wasn't a jerk." Wouldn't that just be the worst...