Ring my bell - chime in!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Belated Birthday...

...that we celebrated a day early.  Well that just doesn't make sense.  We celebrated Geof's 30-something birthday a day early this year to accommodate the kids' basketball and cheerleading practices, and I'm late in posting about it.  And now he's off on business (as EB said - "he got on the airplane and was holding on tight and he flew to baseball town."  She didn't get it quite right).

Anyway, happy, happy birthday to Geof!  We'll just have to count Disney as your time for big celebration! (have I mentioned it's SOON?!?)  I made the MckMama-recommended rainbow birthday cake for our little par-tay.  Fancy was home sick from school, so she was in on the surprise.  It really was very easy to do, just extremely time consuming.  We were baking and layering and freezing and icing all day.  But I'll pretty much make anything if the payoff means slathering it with 4 pkgs of cream cheese and eating it!
Would have been much funnier if I had put 30-something candles on the cake like I intended to.  Can't really remember why I didn't.  No rhyme or reason for why there are 6 candles on the cake - maybe that's all the colored candles I had.  Anyway, he's stylin' in his new birthday shades.  I guess.

our birthday party
the making of the cake.  'twas a lot of cake.  There's still a lot of cake in our fridge.  It was all just a little too much.  

No comments: