Kellen's teacher asked if one of the parents would make Gak for their class during "G" week. I happened to have the recipe, but I had never made it before. I volunteered to do it anyway. I had heard of Gak, and I was thinking it was some sort of slime - sounded like fun! Geof and I found the whole thing quite funny as we made it, though admittedly we were very tired late in the evening. Needless to say, Kellen and Addie LOVED it! We've played Gak at home almost every day for a couple weeks (I'm sure all you former teachers know about this stuff already...). Anyway, here's a picture of the interesting stuff and a little video of me making it - have the sound on! (recipe follows if you want to try it yourself).
Gak Recipe:
(make solutions A & B in two separate bowls)
Solution A
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 cups Elmers white glue (brand matters)
Food coloring
**Mix together until completely dissolved**
Solution B
4 tsp Borax
1 1/3 cups warm water
**Mix together in large bowl until completely dissolved**
**Pour Solution A INTO Solution B. DO NOT MIX. Lift Gak out and knead into shape.
**If you are going to half the recipe, use only half of Solution A and mix the whole amount of Solution B. The results will be the same. This is the only way you can half the recipe. Do not double the recipe and do not reuse Solution B (the borax and water).
(make solutions A & B in two separate bowls)
Solution A
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 cups Elmers white glue (brand matters)
Food coloring
**Mix together until completely dissolved**
Solution B
4 tsp Borax
1 1/3 cups warm water
**Mix together in large bowl until completely dissolved**
**Pour Solution A INTO Solution B. DO NOT MIX. Lift Gak out and knead into shape.
**If you are going to half the recipe, use only half of Solution A and mix the whole amount of Solution B. The results will be the same. This is the only way you can half the recipe. Do not double the recipe and do not reuse Solution B (the borax and water).

2 comments:
Nice to see you are so easily entertained.
LOL - THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! You should totally take that to your next small group meal and see how people react!
Post a Comment