Ring my bell - chime in!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Extended Family

This weekend we went to Williamsburg, and on the way home Sunday we stopped by my brother's place in Franklin, Va, to visit him and his 36 kids. It was a particularly good time to go because he just had triplets last week. And of course I'm talking about goats! :) He raises meat goats with my uncle out on my dad's family property, and the whole operation was very impressive. Kellen and Addie were so excited to be there. They both jumped right over the fences into the goat pastures, and Kellen did not want to leave Uncle Ben's side. He was so taken with the goats and all the equipment. It was a chilly day, so Ben built a bonfire so we could take breaks and warm up. One of the newest goats was so tiny - smaller than Ellary - and K&A had fun carrying her around. I scooped her up and was rubbing her tiny little face and said, "you are so cute I could just eat you up." Geof laughed when we realized I had said that to a meat goat... :( Circle of life I guess (though I have no intention to eat goat and neither does my brother). Anyway, we had a lot of fun visiting and it was nice to get to see my grandmother who met Ellary for the first time.


Making friends with one of the new baby goats

Even Ellary got some goat smooches

This little one was taken with Addie -
kept trying to eat her shoes and pants


Kellen takes a wild ride on Ben's tire swing and visiting with great-grandma

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Pics!

The Hilemans said...

Hey there Alexandra! So do you have a blog (and if not - why not?!?)? How is married life treating you? Give me a call or shoot me an email sometime. :)

Unknown said...

No blog yet - just responding to other people's blogs at the moment. We just had a professional day on bogs, wikis, podcast, etc. SO I have started reading blogs more and I joined Facebook to get connected with the world that my students experience which has been good because I have connect with several people that I had lost touch with from college.

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm glad you cleared that up about the kids...i was thinking...oh my goodness, how is that possible!! :)

Janet said...

So glad you guys had a great mini-vacation/get away! We missed you on Sunday!