Ring my bell - chime in!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hoos Gotten to Kellen?

This morning, Addie and Laura went off to a movie together and Kellen and I prepared for the important UVa-Virginia Tech match-up at noon. Shortly before kick-off, Kellen came down and announced to me that he wanted Tech to win. Although I have been a lifelong UVa fan (this is Geof typing), Laura's dad and two brothers all went to Tech, so Kellen has gotten his fair share of indoctrination from their end. I told him that was great and suggested he make himself a Tech sign.

A few minutes later he arrived back in the living room and, without a word, taped the pictured sign to the wall by the TV. He hadn't asked me for any help and looked extremely pleased with himself. He added the element in the bottom right somewhere during the first half. It's the UVa logo with a "don't sign" through it. I don't know where this kid comes up with this stuff. I got to hear "Go Hokies" sporadically from my nearly-5 year old this afternoon as I endured a disappointing (to me, anyway) UVa loss.

Oh well, we'll get him back during basketball season ... game on, Kellen!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that he is not going to be allowed to play with Dylan anymore? Go Hokies!

The Hilemans said...

I found it kind of funny. It was inevitable -- Uncle Jordan is much more fun than me (Dylan too, probably!)