Ring my bell - chime in!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Growing Pains

Poor Kellen. I think he's in the middle of a growth spurt, and we've woken up twice in the middle of the night lately to him just screaming in pain. He's had a charlie horse in one of his legs, and it takes us about half an hour to walk it out, massage it out and straighten it out. We've been reading that leg cramps are common in growing boys, and I can totally feel for him as I had terrible leg cramps when I was pregnant with Ellary. The weird thing is, BOTH times this has happened, I woke up the next morning with a very sore calf muscle myself. Geof says Kellen and I must be very connected and I'm having sympathy pains for him. :) So now Kellen gets his legs massaged before bed time, and if I can get to the store, we'll add a banana to his getting ready for bed routine. Hopefully he'll take a little break from growing and get some relief from the cramps.

No comments: