Ring my bell - chime in!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Promises Kept

So I think a while back I had solicited advice on a paint color for my little front living room, promising to share the results and share progress on the room makeover project.  I believe I have done neither.  I can't remember the results, but thanks for your input, nonetheless! :)  And I can't share progress because the room is pretty much done and I didn't take pictures along the way.  But, I do have a smashing photo of the room as of this afternoon thanks to a lens I rented to play with over the next couple of weeks.  So put those Pottery Barn catalogs down and have a look at my version of page 32 . . . (just kidding about that.  Sort of.)

TA-DA!
We love it!  And by "we" I mean Geof and I.  Because once the small child proved that she could not be trusted on my new white sofa by making pencil sketches all over it on the very first day it arrived, all children where forever banished from the beautiful room.  Geof and I have enjoyed reading in the quiet bright space, and I may or may not have played a few marathon games of Plants vs. Zombies while curled up on all those throw pillows.

A girlfriend needs to come on over and sit with me! :)

5 comments:

O Boys Mommy said...

Wow! Looks great. Wish I had a room that I could make kid-free :)

Sister, we need each other! said...

I love your curtains... can you tell me where you bought them or the name of the fabric... were looking for something in orange!

Rachel said...

LOVE it Laura! It looks awesome. Canvases can really bring a room to life. Great job!

MorganFamily said...

I'm pretty sure that my husband would have to be banished from that room too! LOL Looks beautiful!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

LOVE it! So, when should I come sit????