You may well know that we are on a no-artificial-color kick around here. It's really not that hard to avoid if you know what to look out for. But when Hi-Hat decided that he wanted to be Ron Weasley from Harry Potter for dress up day at school tomorrow, he was adamant that he needed red hair. And that means all kinds of unnatural chemicals. But at least he didn't have to eat them! I've had some success with adding touches of purple to Fancy's hair, so off to the beauty supply store I went, looking for red hair in a bottle.
It took two applications and one good sport who was willing to make do with a gallon-sized ziploc bag once I realized I didn't have a shower cap on hand to help set the color, but we kept at it and we had another red head in the house by 7:30pm. After tomorrow, Hi-Hat will get his much needed haircut, so we'll just have to enjoy it as much as we can tomorrow.
I think he could actually pull the color off if we did a little work on his eyebrows!


Like I said, he very much needs a hair cut, but still a red headed little cutie!



4 comments:
Oh, I love it!
Red suits him! Cute. And once again, cool mom points for you!
Good job! It looks really natural!
Very cute!! :) You got your redhead!!
Post a Comment