Ring my bell - chime in!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stunning Photographs

So 2 weekends ago was a crazy weekend around here.  There was Hi-Hat's drum concert on Friday night, from which we left directly for a late-night arrival in Charlotte, NC.  Saturday morning we were scheduled for our long-awaited MckMama photo shoot.  Yay!  We had a fun afternoon visiting with friends and then had to hi-tail it back to Raleigh since I needed to be here Sunday morning.

Ready to see some stunning photography?

































Wait for it.
































Go fold some laundry.
































Or check the mail.

































Or run a 5K.































No wait.  Don't do that.
































Because, ladies and gentlemen, I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT FOR YOU!!!!!!!! 
TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
You heard/read/saw me correctly.  I ran a 5K 2 weeks ago.  I RAN A 5K 2 WEEKS AGO!!!!!
(and, ladies and gentlemen, I RAN the thing.  Ran it hard and strong and well. As Fancy cheered: "Go Mommy, Go! Finish strong and healthy!" ['cause I had explained that mommy would not be winning the race])

So are you shocked, surprised, and being revived by one of your children or a coworker?  I kind of am!  

Stay tuned for the back story coming up next.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Laura!!! WOW!!! I just started working out on land in addition to my water workouts...my PT is working me hard because I have a goal very similar to yours, apparently. I'm running a 5K...in about 6 months I hope. (Longer if I have to, but October is what I'm shooting for.) CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't WAIT to hear your story!!

Ashley said...

Yay! That is so awesome! Thanks for letting me train with you that one time... probably the last time for me, since my doctor said no-no to that a few days afterward! I'm glad you had your family there cheering for you!! :)

anthonyandbeth said...

Love that tank top!!!