Ring my bell - chime in!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Year's Resolution Kept!

A little while back a certain someone asked what our resolutions were this year, and we had a little exchange about cupcakes.  This was a result of me making these spaghetti and meatballs cupcakes for Hi-Hat's 8th birthday this year:

Well, I am happy to report that I followed through with my resolution to deliver quirky cupcakes to a friend on February 15.
First, I made a batch of birthday pie cupcakes - cherry and blueberry.
Here they are all boxed up and ready for delivery.
And I also made a batch of these adorable egg cakes.  
 May have cracked a few.
Carton of birthday eggs - these eggs are worth taking home from the grocery store, cracks and all!

Hope you had a sweet birthday, KR!

*Want to make your own quirky cupcakes?  Check out Hello Cupcake and the follow-up book, What's New Cupcake.  Their designs really are pretty easy - they just happen to be very creative!  You didn't think I came up with this stuff on my own, did ya?

No comments: