I just made the yummiest pasta salad sans recipe and am figuring I will never be able to reproduce it. So I thought I would at least post a listing of my ingredients with the hopes that I can come close when I decide to try it again. We've kind of revamped the way we eat around here, so there are lots more whole and fresh foods around for me to experiment with. Here's what I grabbed from the fridge and pantry and tossed together:
- fresh baby spinach
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil leaves
- grape tomatoes
- 1/2 a lemon
- black olives
- crumbled feta
- orzo pasta
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper, garlic sea salt, lemon pepper
- honey
First I mixed the baby spinach with 2 giant chopped basil leaves and about 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley. To that I added halved grape tomatoes (1 container), sliced black olives, the crumbled feta (the more you add, the less salt you'll want to add), juice from 1/2 a lemon and 1 cup tri-color orzo, cooked. I then added some fresh ground pepper and a dash of salt. It was great just like that, but I decided to make a little dressing to add to it. A little olive oil, red wind vinegar, garlic salt and lemon pepper. Added that to the salad. The salad was just a touch salty, so I added a little honey. Perfect! So yummy!
Ring my bell - chime in!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
A Little of This and a Little of That
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment