Remember how I have way over 3000 images to process from our last visit to Disney World (because remember how I was going to just take snapshots with my little point and shoot and ended up triple fisting the photography with my phone, point and shoot, and big-mama camera)? I still have over 3000 images to process, but I'm making progress on my 2010 Disney book. I decided to make my own templates this time. I saw several items in Disney gift shops that are serving as inspiration pieces. I bought one of the items (a print), but I did not buy the Disney Dooney and Bourke suitcase that truly inspired me. I don't know, do you think $300 for a piece of luggage that would serve as a scrapbook page model is too much? I just don't know... ahem. Anyway, I discovered that the Disney store here at the mall is currently using plastic bags with a Disney cartoon strip design that suggests the D&B pieces I really liked, and for the price of one small plastic fairy figurine, I (well actually, Geof) got a stack of plastic bags with the graphics I needed. So armed with two sets of scanned graphics and folders and folders and folders of digital scrapbooking files, I headed into PSE and got to work. It should be said that while I "designed" these pages, I did occasionally swipe things like frames and borders from other designers' pages, to save myself the time and energy of reinventing the wheel. Or sometimes I worked off of existing templates and changed things all around. So with that in mind (and with my Masters Degree in Library Science that gives me a healthy appreciation for copyright laws), these templates shall never be offered as freebies or anything like that. :) I should offer heartfelt thanks to Manda Girl and Simply Yin for their helpful bits and pieces.
So far I am pretty happy with my results. My goal is to make about 2 dozen coordinating templates, and once that is done I can just slap all those photos into place and print my book. Probably next year, but I'll get there! Here are a few examples of the direction I'm heading in. And now I need to get back to making more comic strip themed pages. Happy scrapping!









1 comment:
(I'm SO behind in my google reader!)
LOVE THESE Laura! Very fun and creative. So cool how they all coordinate too. This is a lot of work, I know, but once your book is done you will cherish it forever. I'm trying to decide if I want to do a book from our recent marathon trip. (Although I know in the back of my mind, it was Disney...of course I will.) It takes a lot of time, but so worth it in the end. Can't wait to see your finished project! :)
Post a Comment