Oh my goodness, it's hot outside! So I brought out the Zoku again today for our second batch of popsicles. This time I went with kiwi. So yummy! I started with the recipe on the Whole Foods Kids blog, but I decided to jazz it up a little by adding strawberries, some lemon and a cucumber, for good measure. My recipe is at the end of the post. I made 9 of these, so we have more to look forward to tomorrow!
Our fresh ingredients
Kiwi Pops
- 4 kiwis, peeled and diced (reserve a few slices for inserting into molds)
- 4 large strawberries
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (I used a small pickling cucumber)
- 1/8 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
Blend all ingredients (except for reserved kiwi slices) in blender until smooth. Place reserved kiwi slices aong sides of popsicle mold, and pour mixture into mold. Freeze for several hours, unless you have a Zoku. Enjoy in the heat!





2 comments:
I need to make sure my kids don't read your blog, cause then they'd wonder why their mom isn't as cool and fun as you! Homemade kid wash, popsicles, Marbles museum....we've never even been to marbles! HaHa! Guess I need to step it up a bit in the creative department! Hey, I did at least let them BUY a popsicle at the pool today! :) Glad you're enjoying your summer so far!
So all it took for me to buy a Zoku was reading your post. Hopefully we can post about ours soon.
Post a Comment