Anyone remember this time 2 years ago when I had a brand spankin' new baby in the house, along with 3 and 4 year olds, and I managed to have a super duper craft project just about every day? How on earth? And where did those organizational skills go? Well today we finally had a project to do. The kids illustrated their own reusable grocery bags! Exciting, I know. But it was a fun project and they are thrilled that they each have their own personalized bag. I have about 6 more that we can do, but I'll save those for other hot days when we need something to do.
It's really easy. You just need:
- child's drawing
- scanner or camera and printer
- iron-on transfer paper (such as Wilton's transfers for dark fabrics)
- iron
Have your kids make a masterpiece, and then either scan the image (or do what I did and take a photo of the artwork and load it into the computer). Resize it if necessary, and print the image onto the iron-on transfer according to the package directions. Then iron onto the bag. Viola! Pretty easy and a fun way to remember those precious childhood drawings. I'm thinking I might raid Hi-Hat's folder full of artwork that I have saved over the years and transfer some of those onto the bags, too. Thanks to Family Fun mag for this great idea!
Ring my bell - chime in!
Monday, June 29, 2009
This project's in the bag
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOVE this idea! i'm gonna try it!
Post a Comment