Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Tearing Down the House

Today we had drama in the van on the way home from kindergarten. The story began with, "Mom? I found this tiny little tag inside my coat, so I bit it and pulled as hard as I could with my teeth." Me: "Were you trying to rip the tag out?" K: "No, I was hoping to pull some teeth out." Good grief! Poor guy wants so badly to lose a tooth and one of his classmates had the nerve to actually lose a tooth at school today!!! So we rode the rest of the way home with K bawling in the backseat, saying he would be as big as Daddy and still have baby teeth and that it was "NO FAIR!" (ah - gotta love kindergarten when we all learn NO FAIR!).
We had been promising all week that the kids could eat their gingerbread house tonight. I had no expectations for the event, other than a disappointing mess when they realized how hard the cookies and icing were after sitting on the counter for a week. But, I have to give them credit for diligently eating away at what I thought was a pretty questionable dessert. Oh well. They thought it was fun! The cookies and icing WERE hard as rocks, and I would bet that if K did have any loose teeth in there, one would have fallen out tonight after all that hard crunching. How to explain to your 5 year old that it's ok not to grow up too fast...

2 comments:

Janet said...

I just don't get how our kids can't wait to eat their gingerbread house, too. Yes, It does look yummy, but....bleh.

I was terrified to have my teeth fall out so I am impressed with how brave K is and his friends.

Ashley said...

I like how you phrased "had the nerve to lose a tooth"... nice pun!

I didn't really lose all my teeth til middle school, so Kellen shouldn't be worrying yet!!