Ring my bell - chime in!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Miss Pac Man

I'm declaring it official:
Ellary Bea is crawling!
Today I watched her crawl across the wood floor, heading straight toward a tiny piece of trash, which she successfully got hold of and I successfully removed from her grasp before it became lunch. She has been scooting around for a few days, but today it actually looked like the real crawling - on her hands and knees, moving her hands and knees in a coordinated way to get her across the room. I guess my vacuum will be getting much more of a workout than it's used to... This has coincided with her teething and chewing on everything, and also finally being able to pick up small cheerios and other finger foods and successfully put them in her mouth. I suspect that now she will be making "bea-lines" for anything tiny that she can pick up and eat.


Crawling around the dining room floor (dusting for me)
While I was watching her scoot around the office floor, she also started pulling herself up a bit. She saw something she wanted in the window and managed to get herself up onto her knees using the windowsill. She definitely has her brother and sister beat in the moving around department!

She wanted the blind cords and managed to get up on her knees!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Go Ellary Go! Gotta keep up with the older sibs. Congrats and nice hat!