Ring my bell - chime in!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Still Here!

I promise I have not completely forgtten my blog! I actually have lots to post about, from birthdays to vacations to baseball games to museums to swim meets. My digital stackof pictures is quite high! We've just been so busy that I've gotten behind. AND, I've been working on a very exciting project - I'm doing scrapbook pages for last year's trip to Disney. I've done about 50 pages so far, and I think I may actually be done before we go on our next trip! So stay tuned. I will start reposting soon. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from this weekend's events. Both Hi-Hat and Fancy decided to be baptized at our church's outdoor baptism service at a local camp. Despite the threat of a looming thunderstorm, we had a great day! Hi-Hat was baptized before the lifeguard blew the whistle to clear the pool during some thunder, and then we stayed for dinner, fellowship and testimonies. Later in the evening the storm cleared up enough that we could go back to the pool for Fancy's baptism. I'm so glad they could do it together in the presence of so many friends and family.
K_A_01

Candidates for baptism
K_A_02
Waiting to go into the pool
Kellen_01
Pastor Horner invites Kellen into the pool
Kellen_03
Kellen_04
Buried in the likeness of His death...
Kellen_05
Kellen_06
... and raised in the likeness of His resurrection.
Kellen_07
Kellen_08
Kellen_Ashley_01
Hi-Hat with his Auntley, and Fancy had to sneak in there, too! :)
kids_01
So many great kids that we love - some being baptized, some already baptized, and some coming out to watch their friends.  As parents, we are blessed beyond measure with these kids!
Addie_01
Waiting and watching the storm clouds, hoping she can get in the water!
Addie_02
She's getting excited!
Addie_sequence_proof
Based upon your profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, I now baptize you in the name of the Father and Son and Holy Ghost. Buried with Him in the likeness of His death, raised with Him in the likeness of His ressurrection to walk in the newness of life.
family_01
Family who shared in this day with us - Great-Grandma and Great-Granddaddy Motley, Grandma and Granddaddy B, Grandma H, Auntley Ashley and Uncle Phillip and Uncle Jordan.

1 comment:

KR said...

Oh how precious to be able to see both of those, and Fancy's close up!!! I love the pictures of hers. And I LOVE that you've got the message, what the pastors said and the whole meaning of it. Very moving. :) Congratulations!