Ring my bell - chime in!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Concert Preview

Hi-Hat announced yesterday that he's prepared for another concert tomorrow night.  He brought me his white board that he plans to have on hand as a visual aid to the lyrics he has written.  I haven't heard the song yet, but I can give you the long and short of the salvation metaphor he came up with.

First, we start off as broken bottles, bound for the trash can, which is the equivalent of going to "hayell" (not sure if he's mispronouncing or just has a crazy strong southern accent for that one word). But then through prayer we are plucked from the garbage and placed in the recycling bin, and then we are sent to the recycling center where we are repurposed and made good as new.

I personally CAN'T WAIT for this concert.  I also can't wait to see what God has in store for this little guy.  He just seems to have something special with all this music and writing stuff.  But then, he's mine, so I might be a little biased... :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

LOVE IT. It's so wonderful to see God using him and blessing him with these talents.

Sandy said...

This is so sweet! And one of my granddaughters who is 9 pronounces hell the same way!
But at least at a young age they are more aware of a reality than I was as a young adult, that hay-el is REAL! But that we have the opportunity through Christ to avoid it for eternity.