Yesterday we spent the day at the beach. Something we have never done before as a day trip, but something we will definitely do again! All the more fun with friends squashing into the van with us and coming along for the ride! We found a great public parking area right by the aquarium complete with shaded picnic area, bathrooms and showers and beach access. Free and easy! Hi-Hat also overcame some fears of the waves and was having so much fun with his little buddy playing in the waves. Funny part of the trip was that we realized Fancy had taken off her bathing suit at home before we left, so when I went to take her sundress off there was nothing there! She had to do the beach in her dress, but it didn't seem to put any damper on her day.


Today we had some friends over, with the plan being to tie dye t-shirts for the 4th. We thought the kids would really like tying and squirting dye on their own shirts. Not so much. But Heather and I had a great time! We have the hands to prove it. This afternoon we tried out Loco Pops downtown ('cause we can't get enough of locally made frozen summer treats!), and they were so good that we treated ourselves to seconds! I can highly recommend the chocolate mint, which has crushed candy canes mixed in. I do not highly recommend the lemon sage, unless you are buying boutique hand soap. :) Then a quick jaunt over to Pullen Park, but I think the kids had had enough of sun and sand, so we just rode the train and came home. Yes, we ALL rode the train. The train goes through a tunnel. This is a BIG deal. Second fear overcome in two days for Hi-Hat - waves and tunnels! Yippee! Now if I can just drag him out to the fireworks tomorrow night, but I'm not holding my breath.
Happy 4th!
2 comments:
We had so much fun with you guys! Looks like we were all afraid of the waves in that picture... :)
can't believe all the fun you're packing in to summer! :) yay!!!
Post a Comment